- WATER / MOISTURE PROOF can be installed in the bathrooms or other areas with higher humidity levels
- HIDE THE POPCORN. Can be installed directly over the popcorn ceilings without scraping it first. Will help to hide color imperfections (traces of leaks) and holes.
- VERY EASY AND FAST TO INSTALL - does not require any special tools or skills. Perfect for DIY projects. Or if help needed - any handy man can handle the installation
- COVERAGE: Each ceiling tile is 19.6" X 19.6" . Package of 96 will cover ~259 sq.ft
- EASY PAINTABLE. Could be painted with any good quality water based/latex paint. To paint the ceiling tiles thick fluffy roller should be used ( the same one that is used to paint the popcorn ceilings)
Details: About Styrofoam Ceiling Tiles
Our Polystyrene (Styrofoam) ceiling tiles are one of the fastest and easiest ways to cover the popcorn ceilings and enhance any room's decor. All you need to do is glue the ceiling tiles directly over the popcorn Installation Instructions>
Prepare the surface remove loose plaster, paint, wallpaper etc. and draw a chalk line in the middle of the room (preferably through light fixture electrical box, if you have one).
Apply the adhesive Ceramic wall tile paste adhesive is recommended (like Acryl Pro or Omni Grip).
Install the fist row along the chalk linemake it as straight as possible, join the tiles side by side.
Work your way to the sides first install all the whole tiles, then cut the tiles as necessary and install the cut pieces at the end.
If you decide to fill in the joints use paintable silicone to ensure that the ceiling will still remain paintable in future.
The tiles have beveled edges for an easy butt joint installation. They could be left unpainted (tiles are white in color) or can be painted with a latex paint (after the installation).
If painted with flat ceiling paint the ceiling tiles will look just like plaster. Beside popcorn, Styrofoam ceiling tiles could be installed over pretty much any flat solid surface (plywood, drywall, concrete etc').
These tiles cannot be installed in the t-bar grids ( can not be used as a suspended ceiling tile). It is also not recommended to use it on the walls ( as a wall panel ), because the material is pretty soft.
Each tile is 50cmX50cm or 19.6"X19.6" which is 2.7 sq.ft. Pack of 96 tiles will cover ~258 sq.ft.